Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information. The following Privacy Statement sets forth the policies for, the collection and use of personally identifiable information (“Information”) by BetaQuick Limited (“ConvertJoy”). This Statement covers the operation of its Web Site http://www.convertjoy.com(the “Site”) and its private label message services, operated on behalf of third parties (its “Clients”) and supersedes any previous statement of such policies.
What information do we collect?
ConvertJoy may obtain Personal Information about you from various sources, including this and other BetaQuick websites, mobile applications, courses offered (whether online or in person), when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in surveys, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, events or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Your contact information (such as name, social media handle, postal and email address, or phone number).
- Contact information of friends or other people you would like us to contact.
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our sites.
- Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address).
- Shipping information (including the shipping address and phone number).
- Product/Services preferences.
- Course locations.
- Demographic information (such as gender).
- Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including photographs.
- Shopping behavior and preferences, and a record of the purchases you make on our websites.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
We also may use third-party website analytics tools (such as Google), that collect information about visitor traffic on our sites and mobile applications. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type).
- URLs that refer visitors to our sites.
- Dates and times of visits to our sites.
- Information on actions taken on our sites (such as page views and site navigation patterns).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our websites.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our sites.
How do we use your information?
BetaQuick Limited’s primary purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how visitors use our website. Information we collect may be used:
- To personalize your experience
- To improve our website
- To write and publish reports or blog posts that include aggregate data
- If you choose to provide your email address, we may use it to send you information and respond to inquiries.
- Manage and maintain your account on the sites.
- Identify and authenticate site visitors.
- Provide products, courses or other services you request.
- Process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions, arranging shipping and handling returns and refunds, and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone).
- Maintain a record of the purchases you make on our sites and identify and retrieve electronic shopping baskets that you may have created.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, events and promotions, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you.
- Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media.
- Publish your testimonials about ConvertJoy, including on our websites and blogs, and on social networks (if we choose to publish your testimonial, we will include only your first name, last initial, city and state).
- Manage your participation in our events, sweepstakes and other promotions.
- Tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our sites, applications and social media assets.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read).
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our sites, mobile applications and social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our sites.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
- Other routine and common business functions.
Do we disclose any personal information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise, transfer your personally identifying information to outside parties. We do reserve the right to access and/or disclose personally identifying information and non-personal information as required by courts or administrative agencies.
We have in place appropriate technical and security measures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful access to or accidental loss of or destruction or damage to your information. When we collect data through the Site, we collect your personal details on a secure server. We use firewalls on our servers. When we collect payment card details electronically, we use encryption by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) coding. While we are unable to guarantee 100% security, this makes it hard for a hacker to decrypt your details.
How Long We Retain Your Information
BetaQuick Limited will retain Personal Information concerning its customers, vendors, Site visitors, and others who do business with BetaQuick so long as it is necessary to perform an ordinary or a common business function or to comply with a legal, regulatory, or contractual obligations.
Your Choices And Rights
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
Withdrawing Consent. If you have lawfully and appropriately consented to BetaQuick Limited processing your Personal Information, then you may withdraw that consent at any time. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to BetaQuick’s use or disclosure of your Personal Information will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain BetaQuick offerings or site features.
Marketing Emails. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may establish on our sites.
Your California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, you may request that we provide to you (i) a list of the categories of Personal Information about you that BetaQuick has disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the calendar year preceding your request, (ii) the names and addresses of such third parties, and (iii) if the nature of the third parties’ business cannot reasonably be determined from their names, examples of the products or services marketed, if known to BetaQuick, sufficient to give you a reasonable indication of the nature of the third parties’ business. To submit your request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “California Privacy” and your request in the body of your email.
General Data Protection Regulation. If your Personal Information is protected under the European Union (EU), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (2016/679), then you have the following rights (subject to certain exceptions) related to your Personal Information: to request access and rectification to, and erasure of, Personal Information (see below); to request a restriction on processing Personal Information; to receive Personal Information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format; to transfer Personal Information to another organization; to object to the processing of Personal Information; and, to not be subject to a decision that is based solely on automated processing, including profiling. You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authorities in the EU to remedy or otherwise resolve matters or concerns related to the collection, use, processing, or retention of Personal Information.
Access And Correction
We will honor any statutory right you might have to access, modify or erase your personal information. To request access and to find out whether any fees may apply, if permitted by applicable national laws, please contact us following the instructions in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Where you have a statutory right to request access or request the modification or erasure of your personal information, we can still withhold that access or decline to modify or erase your personal information in some cases in accordance with applicable national laws but will give you reasons if we do so.
Children under 13 years of age are strictly prohibited from visiting or using the website and ConvertJoy does not knowingly collect any Personal Information (such as name, address and telephone number) from children under 13 years of age through its web site. However, if the parent or guardian of a child under 13 believes that their child has provided us with personally identifiable information, that parent or guardian should contact us if they want this information deleted from our systems. If ConvertJoy obtains knowledge that it has personally identifiable information about a child under 13 in retrievable form in its files we will delete that information from our existing files. In addition, anyone under 18 years of age should seek their parent’s or guardian’s permission prior to using or disclosing any Personal Information on this site.
Last Modified: June 1, 2020